Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentine Houses

I was inspired to create these houses one day when I was watching a tv episode, thinking about some village houses I collect and display during the holidays. So I got out my scraps of chipboard- old pieces that hold note pads, and ones that sometimes come in the back of packets of paper. I always hold on to them, because I sometimes use chipboard instead of foam tape on the back of larger pieces I want to add dimension too.

Making the houses was quite simple. they are basically a square made with 4 sides. On two of the sides, I added a triangle to the top of the house. That was my shape for my roof peak.



To hold the sides together, I folded or scored scraps of long cardstock- as tall as the building, and about 1 inch wide. Then I adhered all this with my Glue Arts adhesive on the inside of each corner. This holds the house together- I didn't feel that I needed anything super strong for these, but you may want to score some stronger chipboard and use it instead.



For each house, I used the Bobunny Love Bandit line - adding in the cute stamped owls that I fussy cut out and layered. I also used punches for leaves.

I added scalloped borders, ribbons, buttons and twine, silk flowers, stamped hearts I cut out and popped up with foam tape, and cut out journal spots from the collection cutout sheet. I also put in a few berry stems from the craft store.

Finishing these off was fun, I added a clear crystal glitter that I got from Joanne's glitter section. It looks like a cross between snow and sugar, which I thought was fun AND pretty!

Kristen

1 comment:

mustangkayla said...

Wow...those look great!