Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Create a 'Love'Ly Banner

I adore these type of banners. They just are such a cute decor item. I love that you could make this with any theme or embellishment and it would just be fantastic.



I made this banner with the Bobunny Love Bandit line. First I cut the triangles all the same size out of two patterns of paper. I edged each triangle with a border of scallop edged corrugated paper, overlapping it at the point. This added a lot of dimension for me.

Next, I cut a couple more layers of paper, in descending sized triangles, to do this I just slide my piece back to cut off the wider end and cut it there, then traced it and made it the same for each single banner piece.

I cut my last inside triangle piece the same way, only I centered it on the banner piece, leaving an edge around all parts of the triangle.

Then I added hole punches on each both sides of each triangle piece, and tied the banner together with twine. ( you know I love my twine!!) then I tied some Bobunny Dot ribbons on the twine as well.

I used Bobunny letter stickers for the letters of SWEET, adding in all kinds of cutout paper cuties and stickers from the Love Bandit line.

I also added in a bit of buttons and twine, with a little pearl and gems bling just to catch the light.


I hope my banner inspires you to create one of your own.

Kristen

2 comments:

mustangkayla said...

That is so darn cute! Just adorable!

Michele said...

i love this! i'll have to try it for v-day next year :)