Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Have you ever made your own pendant??

Hope everyone is having a great summer...
Kelly here to share with you something new...

Have you ever made your own pendant???
Not me... Until now.

So I am a dessert first kinda girl...

Here is the pendant I made using an epoxy kit...
I added a bit of beads and such and once it cured... This is the end result.

I created this and this was my first attempt, with that being said I have many more ideas brewing and cannot wait for a bit more time to play.

    

The first 3 pics are the supplies I used.... 

Easy Cast
Wax paper
Molds
Mold Release
Beads and such
Toothpick (not shown)
Jump rings
Chain



After you prep your mold...
Prepare the epoxy at a 50 / 50 ratio. Be exact or the results ( I have heard can be not so pretty )
Add your goodies...
3-d embellishments or even mix dyes for a marbled effect.

As the mixture was almost dry, I added the rings to the back side. This photo is the end result. To get out of the mold just twist and if you used the prep it should pop out.

I then added jump rings for the necklace to run through... depending on the type of necklace determines the size of ring... 

So for my post today I created a pendant... It could as easily been a pin for your jacket with changing the rings to a pendant back you would adhere this before it is completely dry.

Also Keep in mind it takes 72 hours for a hard cure.

Please, If you try this come back and share what you have created!!! 

10 comments:

Miki said...

Wow, this is stunning Kelly and you made it look so easy!! I love the beads you used, they are so pretty. And I really like how you placed the rings, because it lays very pretty against the neck. Love it!

Another thing I'm going to want to try now!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Gorgeous project, Kel!!!! I can't wait to try making one. Where did you get the epoxy stuff?

Jenn said...

This is a really cool project, Kelly!

Janette said...

Hi Kelly,

Really great pendant...I make some of my own jewellery too just havent uploaded to my blog as yet but will try over the hols.
www.cardsandchat.blogspot.com
TFS
Janette

Sherry Wright said...

How cool is this, I must try it now!

Ami said...

That beautiful! I learn a lot from you
:)

Anonymous said...

Your photographs are so nice and clear!

Melanie said...

Kelly, what a great idea! Love the jewelry.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

WOW this is awesome!!! I love this!

CraftyKelley said...

A great way to get rid of the bubbles is to gently blow through a drinking straw. The carbon dioxide for some reason causes the bubbles to break.