Monday, January 12, 2009

Creating your own journaling labels


Journaling labels are everywhere these days, aren't they? I wanted to show you a very easy way to create your own, in any color - a perfect way to always have one to hand.

First, I chose Spellbinders Labels One for my shape. Second, I stamped my lines. I used the Cornish Heritage Farms Lined Paper backgrounder. Determine where you want your die to cut, and use a little masking tape to hold your die in the perfect spot.



Next step? Create a foam stamp in a frame shape. All that entails is lining up your dies on the Spellbinders magnetic spacer plate like this:



With a piece of fun foam (whichever color you want - I tend to pick the color in my multi-pack that I'm least likely to use), die cut just as you would a piece of paper. (Experiment with your individual die cutting machine to determine the best sandwich for this material and your machine.)



Using the cut frame, use a temporary/repositionable adhesive to allow you to adhere it to an acrylic block. Voila! You have your own frame stamp. Ink it up with the same color you stamped your lines with, line it up over the die cut and presto - your own custom journaling label!

See? Told you it was easy! Be well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea :-) Thank you for sharing

Anabelle O'Malley said...

This is such a great idea, Jenn. I can't wait to try it!!!

Linda Beeson said...

So, so clever!!! They are a great idea and cute too.