Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love Cards

Valentine's is coming! Have you made some personalized cards for your loved ones yet? I prefer making my own to buying one, so I can add my own touches to them.
For this Sealed with a Kiss card, I have used Bobunny Dot cardstock, Glue Arts High Tac adhesive and my Scor it scoring tablet.
First I cut a Bobunny dot paper into a block for the top of my card, I added this to a card blank that I cut down to fit my sized card.
I also added a strip of red underneath the block and adhered them to the card.
I added a large round Bobunny sticker from the Persuasion line. Then I made this accordion folded piece. Basically you score 2 strips of 2x12 paper ( in an accordion pleat) then glue the edges together to make a circle. I added that to my card, cut out several stickers, including adding a deco scissor edge to one circle sticker, and layered them on the top of the pleated circle.
I added a button with twine bow to finish the card.



Looking for a more romantic looking card? Tone down the brights and use some scraps to create this vintage feeling card. I used a scrap of green on my Cuttlebug embossed white mat, edging the mat with a light tan I cut with deco scissors and added a touch of brown ink.
I layered an old SEI tag, and added a white paper heart doily on top. I doubled two bows then topped them with a green tinted silk flower and button with twine bow.
For the sentiment piece, I used a Crafty Secrets die cut I trimmed with deco scissors, then added that to a scrap of green felt. I layered these onto my card, finishing with a Close to my heart butterfly stamped with brown chalk ink and glittered with Stickles. I added a couple pearls to the butterfly as well.

Want a more traditional card? Add buttons to a paper doily heart, adding a pink heart ontop of paper doily, then gluing buttons down to fill the inside of the heart. Add paper doily to some Scenic Route lined paper, and cut out around heart using deco scissors.
Add two strips of Reminisce paper, ruffling the edges a bit, and tie a bow with some sheer ribbon and a button. Add Reminisce letter stickers to finish.

For a cute design, use a pink cardstock background, and a bit of glittery paper from K&CO. Make mats with a light tan cardstock that has been trimmed with deco scissors and edges inked with brown chalk ink. Then add a green mat with a satiny ribbon tied around it. Tie the ribbon off with a pink button. Add a deco edged Craft Secrets die cut to some green felt and add that to the card. Add a couple vintage buttons -including one on top of a silk flower and finish the card with a touch of glitter around a heart on the vintage die cut.

Go for trendy look and make your card with some Bobunny rubons and stickers. I used Bobunny Dot cardstock on the front of a black card blank. Then I added a strip of green dot cardstock to a piece of white scrap, cutting a scallop edge with deco scissors. After mounting that to my card, I cut out the oval sticker, adding a handcut heart to the card with it. I also punched a couple brown leaf stems and a pink button with twine bow. To finish I added a Bobunny rubon dictionary phrase, and added the SWAK letters to a scrap of white, ruffling the edges a bit.


Kristen

1 comment: