Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter and Spring Cleaning! (paper crafting style!)


First, all of us at Pursuit of Craftyness hope each of you had a blessed Easter! Above, are some of the eggs I glittered about 2 weeks ago. They sat in a bed of green tissue paper inside a distressed wooden planter I found at Hobby Lobby. They added a little Easter fun to our boring kitchen counter. (Thanks Martha!)

Next, is a project that all of you list makers will want to use for your spring cleaning! I love this time of year because after being inside a closed up house all winter, I want the windows open and everything clean! Surprisingly, I cannot wait to spring clean each year!

The 6x6" folder started as a simple 12x12" sheet of cardstock. I have provided the template (below) if you would like to create one. This project was published in a previous issue Paper Trends Magazine (now titled Simply Handmade). The design and pattern are copyrighted and can only be reproduced for personal, private use.

I used stamps to design the background of the cover. Stamps were also used to create the decorative elements, as well as Marvy Scallop Square Punch, paper flowers and Sakura souffle pens.

For the inside lists, I simply typed them up in a Word document, printed them onto cardstock and trimmed them to fit the pockets. (Tip: Once you create one list, just copy and paste it and change only the title of the room.)

Below is the pattern on how to fold the 12x12" cardstock into a folder. Enjoy!

Enjoy and happy spring cleaning!! -Stacey

No comments: