Monday, October 27, 2008

Think Pink!

In honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, I thought it would be fun to create a pink, girly kind of card that would be great for sharing with a friend.
I tried to pull out all of the "girly" kinds of embellishments I could think of to make this a joy to give and to receive.
This wonderful phrase is a rub-on by My Mind's eye. I cut the paper that holds it with a circle shape so I could add this to the front of my card. The scallop border is a Martha Stewart border punch and I added a line of machine sewing and some tiny rhinestones.
The bird on the branch is also a rub-on. I rubbed it onto white cardstock so that I could then cut that shape out to use as an accent. The swirls are accented with glitter. I used Glitter Fabric Dimensional paint from Tulip. I like this glitter because it gives a subtle amount of bling while still letting you see what is underneath. A big bow was added to the card with a brad and the bird accent was glued over that.
Thanks for visiting the Pursuit of CraftYness blog today, Linda (lbpost)

YOUR JOY card
Materials list:
Solid Cardstock - Prism
Patterned papers – My Mind’s Eye and Bo Bunny Press
Rub-on phrase and bird – My Mind’s Eye
Circle template – Coluzzle
Glitter Fabric Dimensional Paint – Tulip
Ribbon
Machine Sewing
Border punch – Martha Stewart

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a very elegant card you did a great job with this with all the details. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ
http://dolcedebsdesigns.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Linda, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Barb g

Andrea Amu said...

This is gorgeous,Linda. I so love the bird!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh this one is stunning Linda! WOW, love it!

DeeDee said...

So pretty and PINK!!! That birdie is a perfect touch...so sweet!!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

This is so beautiful, Linda. I love the quote!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, the stitching ... the vertical line of teeny stones ... Kim ... you have such a fabboo way of bringing all of the delightful details together!

(((hugs)))
Bev