Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Use up the "old stuff" to build a stash of cards...

Just a few weeks ago, I bought a birthday card to send to a friend! *gasp* I guess it had been some time since I had actually bought one. I could not believe I was about to pay over 3.00 for a card!
At that very moment, I decided I had to use up some of my older supplies and build my stash of homemade cards. (And it is a good excuse to escape from the laundry and just go create a card when the inspiration hits.)

This is the most recent card I have created using older supplies and "scraps". Nothing on this card was purchased in the past year- nada! In fact, I think the EK Success straight pin is about 5 years old (or older...shhhhhh) and the rub-on is close to 4 years old. It felt great to go to the older stuff and have fun with it; try it, you just might like it!

A little tid bit about this card that you may not be able to see...nothing terribly exciting or ground breaking but....go with it! (ha ha) Basically, I made my own "bias tape" for the card. I'm what you call a wanna-be-a-sewer and other than REALLY simple stuff, I have kept my sewing "talent" confined to paper. (ha!) In fact, I'm not even certain that its called "bias tape"...it's a hunch. ;-) The card base is made from kraft cardstock and the pink edges were scored and the card edges were sewn into the pink paper fold along the top and bottom. Each of the strips was also sewn onto the front.
Supplies: Kraft cardstock: unknown; Pattern Paper by My Minds Eye; Flower: Prima; Straight pin by EK Success; Rubon by DCWV; lace: unknown; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger Industries; Adhesive by Glue Arts (Glue Glider Pro with High Tac cartridge)

By the way, if you're on Facebook, we hope you'll consider adding us as a fan! We made it easy, too! Just look to your right in the side bar and click "become a fan".

2 comments:

Julia Sandvoss said...

Go girl using that stash! Looks excellent to me! ;-)

Unknown said...

I love this idea, Stace!!! Adorable card, too!