I think you get the picture...I heart Valentine's Day. And I love to leave a little bit of that around me..and not just for the holiday. I've grown to love finding unique ways to incorporate decorations that I can make into my home decor. And when I mix those ideas with flowers..my other love..it's a win-win or maybe I should say love-love!
Here's my newest creation for the holiday that just may stay out quite a bit past the 14th!
Bo Bunny Sweetie Pie Squeeze, Bo Bunny Sweetie Pie Sigh, Bo Bunny Sweetie Pie Smooth, Bo Bunny Double Dot Licorice Ribbon, Blush dot, Tutut Dot, Wild Berry Dot Pink Punch Dot Cardstock, Bo Bunny Gettin In Shape Bleached Chipboard, Mega & Giga Marvy Uchida Scalloped Circle punch, Felt Heart, Heidi Swapp Felt Butterfly, Foam Adhesive, Paper Shaper Large Heart Punch, Colorbox Chalk Inks: Warm Red, Lime Green and Blush.
1) I used a green, stryofoam circle for the base of the flower. I covered the back and front with the pink dotted cardstock. The front circle is larger than the styrofoam circle...extending about a 1/4 past.
2) I then added layers of chipboard and papers using foam circles to pop them up for dimension. The felt heart I found at Hobby Lobby and could not pass it up! I tied a small length of the black polka dot ribbon. Added a small Heidi Swapp pink felt butterfly.
3) I punched hearts that I layered around the backside of the circle.
4) For the stem I painted a wood dowel then added diecut leaves (Cricut - Accent Essentials) that I layered the new Bo Bunny Chunky Charms Swirls in Clover on.
5) Last I used black river rocks I found on clearance at Target. Added those to a cute red, speckled bucket..and added in the flower.
After making this I realized it would look cute to tuck in two smaller, simplier versions of the flower on shorter stems...so I may just do that.
But for now..this definitely is one flower that will "Be Mine!"