Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Let's have some FUN!


Good morning friends! My name is Melissa, and it's my pleasure to be here today blogging with you. I have a fun challenge in store if you're up for it.
My challenge for you involves the above card and THIS card from my friend Teri's blog. Isn't her card beautiful? I was asked to host a challenge at Split Coast Stampers this week, and the challenge was to find a card I thought of as very inspirational, then create my own based on the basic design of the card. So...my take is the card above---and I can't wait to see yours too! I loved the process of taking someone else's design and incorporating bits of myself into my project--so enjoyable. So....you can check out more details here at Split Coast Stampers, and load in your cards in their gallery...or just link them here if you'd rather. Either way....let us see what you've come up with using Teri's card---I can't wait and I sure don't want to miss out on seeing your beautiful creations!
Let me know if you have any questions.
The supplies I used in my card are:
Bazzill cardstock
Making Memories paper
My Mind's Eye paper
Making Memories flowers and buttons
Doodlebug sugar coated brads
Basic Grey stamps
Crafty Secrets vintage image
Ranger ink
Enjoy your day!
Melissa

12 comments:

Miki said...

Here's a link to mine Melissa: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/884846?nocache=1

Thanks for the inspiration! I posted it at SCS, but then realized your challenge was for Crafty Secrets products. So I didn't reply to your post there, LOL!

Melissa said...

Miki and anyone else...I'm sorry for the confusion---Crafty Secrets is not required--so just play your heart away and don't worry about that. I should have clarified!
Melis

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Melissa, your card is stunning! And I love Terri's card, too. Can't wait to play along!

Linda Beeson said...

Melissa, you card is just plain yummy. Amazing colors.

KT said...

LOVE the new name - VERY clever. Wishing all of you much success in your new adventure!

Stacey S said...

Love your card Melissa! Terri's card is beautiful as well.

Melanie said...

Great challenge, Melissa! I actually got one done early. Here's mine:
http://melaniedouthit.blogspot.com/2008/04/another-card-challenge.html

Vicki Chrisman said...

LOVE IT!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Your card is gorgeous, Melissa. I did one, but I realize I didn't follow the directions. I chose one of YOUR cards to lift. Anyway, the link to both our cards is here: http://www.createmykeepsake.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=32248&cat=500&ppuser=2967 Thanks for the inspiration as always, friend!

Anonymous said...

This was so fun! I'm so glad I got to play along! Thanks so much. Here's mine...

http://dawnmcvey.typepad.com/these_are_a_few_of_my_fav/2008/04/another-fun-cha.html

DeeDee said...

Gorgeous card Melissa...I hope to give it a try this weekend!!

Debbie Olson said...

So lovely, Melissa! Everything you add to a card is sheer perfection!