Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Christmas PHOTO CARD!!

Instead of using a traditional 'family' Christmas photo this year, try looking around at your holiday decorations for a fun spin on the Photo Christmas Card!

My home is full of primitive decorations (starting on the day after Thanksgiving...I can't wait!!). I have this antique trencher (wooden bowl) on my dining room table, that I fill with primitive boughs of evergreens with pinecones and antiqued jingle bells. I added these adorable primitive stuffed gingerbread men (I got this idea at my FAVORITE store ever... Things Made Wonderful in Rhode Island).

Last year, as I was walking around the house taking photos of some of the holiday decor, I decided to take a photo of these 2 guys...and see what I could come up with using this adorable photo.

It was so easy to come up with the idea of incorporating the photo into a 'From Both of Us' Christmas Card!

I simply created my card base, added a distressed patterned paper for the background, added the photo and embellished! Easy and (I think) just so darn cute!

So, this year, after you've finished decorating your home for the holidays, grab your camera and see what inspires YOU to create a card! A couple of snowmen standing side by side would make a cute 'From Both of Us' card. Or assemble several figurines (angels, snowmen, elves, etc) to create a family photo!! Have fun and Happy Holidays!

Title: From Both of Us 5-1/2" X 5-1/2"

Supplies:
Cardstock: The Cardstock Stack, Die Cuts With a View
Patterned paper: Dreams; Believe Set, BoBunny
Die cuts: FaLaLa; Die-cut Journaling Stickers, Making Memories
Chipboard: Stars; Chipboard Shapes, Making Memories
Button: Apple Green; All Stuck Up Buttons, BoBunny
Brad: Apple Green; All Stuck Up Brads, BoBunny
Flower: The Bitty Bag, Prima Marketing
Computer font: 2Peas YoYo, TwoPeasinaBucket.com
Photo corners: Canson
Photo: Dee Gallimore-Perry
Jute
Sandpaper

Dee

2 comments:

Julia Sandvoss said...

Love this idea Dee and I love your prims! So fun! ;-)

Stacey S said...

Very cool idea! I need to take some photos of the decorations around the house this year, too! I'm ready to decorate already and can't wait to get the tree up!!